Thursday, January 26, 2012

Inspiration

Even if Blue is never a 50-mile horse, I hope to give Janet Tipton a run for her money in LD mileage one of these years.

Awesome! (photo by Sue Butterfield)

Janet rides Blue's long-lost sister, Ladybug (Lady Jasmine), a bay roan mustang who likes to work. I was always aware of them in the back pages of Endurance News, racking up impossible LD mileage every year. As far as I can tell, they must do an LD every weekend in the summer and several multi-days too. How else do you rack up 700 LD miles in one year? She had 26 completions, that's how.

She's a heavyweight rider with a spunky little mustang. I could be her! I WANT to be her!

Here's what she says on the BLM facebook page: Ladybug is a 15 year old mare from the Antelope HMA in NV. I adopted her as a 3 year old. She is the most versatile horse I have ever seen. We have over 2,500 distance miles together through AERC and just two weeks ago at a 3 day ride in Idaho she took the following places: Day 1 - 1st place, best condition and high vet score, Day 2 - 5th place, best condition and high vet score, Day 3 - 2nd place, best condition and high vet score all while carrying a "heavy weight" rider. Last weekend (6/11/11) we competed in an Extreme Horseman's Challenge in Grantsville, UT. We placed 1st in the Open division with a score 0f 97 out of 100. We also participate in an all mustang drill team, she has done parades, pony rides in downtown Salt Lake, pulled a cart, and shown English and Western. She particularly loves cow events and reining.


That's how it's supposed to be, folks. Blue and I are going to get out there and make it happen!

Consider the gauntlet ever-so-gently tossed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's awesome! I feel the same way about Dixie - if we can't make 50s click this year, I'll just rack up some serious LD miles and have just as much fun doing it. I mean, there's plenty of 70 year old endurance riders - if I spend Dixie's whole lifetime doing LDs, I've still got several decades to get my next horse going at 50s, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl.... how's the move treating you?

    ReplyDelete